www.flickr.com
StereoStef's items Stephanie Stoltz Chavez

11/19/2012

Petty Fest 11/15/12 El Rey

I scored tickets to the Petty Fest, a celebration of Tom Petty music, thanks to L.A. Weekly. I attended the second night of the PettyFest West (L.A.'s debut); Jameson sponsored the event that raised money for Sweet Relief.  By the end of the night, I was Free Fallin' down with all that Jameson I drank.
 

Here is my mini review of the fest on TGI.


 Johnny Depp played guitar on a few songs.

 Great rendition of the songs throughout the night but my favorite was Landon Pigg's version of LEARNING TO FLY, with the beautiful & talented Mae Whitman on back vocals. If my eyes were closed, I would've thought Mr. Petty was singing it himself.

I've always loved Mae Whitman and I'm a big fan Parenthood, so when I saw that she was standing behind me, I had to give her a gift. I only had a lollipop but she was surprised and gave me a hug! At the end of the night, I saw her again and took a photo with her. She was super sweet! Even cooler, she retweeted my picture!!
 It was exciting seeing so many artist collaborate for such an awesome event.
Check out my PHOTOS!
I'm a such a dork because I got excited when I saw Ben Savage!
The JAMESON girls were super hot!
 Check out SWEET RELIEF: BECAUSE WE MUST!

No comments: