www.flickr.com
StereoStef's items Stephanie Stoltz Chavez

9/19/2009

Yeah Yeah Yeahs in Pomona

This was my first time seeing the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I've missed them before and never got to see them in small venue, as I would've liked to. They were playing The Greek Theatre but I didn't get tickets. My friend, MEL, gave me the heads up about the Pomona show. I've never been to The Fox Theatre but I was excited to go because it was way smaller than the other venues. I got tickets during the fan presale.

I was scheduled, on the day of the concert, to get braces. During the procedure, I was feeling a little sore and tired and I actually thought about not attending the show. I ended up feeling a little better during the days and wasn't going to let this little set back stop me from going to the show. A lot of friends were going and I was sure it was going to be a blast...I mean BLITZ.

Just my friend Richard and I were going to go but at the last minute, my friend messaged me that she had tickets to sell for this sold out show. I contacted a few people and my friend Jow was able to go. So the 3 of us headed out to Pomona, drank a bit before, and met up with some friends. We had a good spot and towards the end of the show was let into the pit.

The show was awesome! The Yeah Yeah Yeahs rocked! The crowd was awesome! It was a great performance! I'm not much of a reviewer when it comes to live gigs. I'm not good using words to express the energy of the concert. I'm more of a visual person. I took some photos that can be viewed on my flickr page and hopefully within the next week or so, i'll upload a couple of clips on YouTube.

2 comments:

allieasshole said...

that was an amazing night ... :) <3

StereoStef said...

YEAH it was =]