www.flickr.com
StereoStef's items Stephanie Stoltz Chavez

2/08/2011

At Last

My Father's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and his Sisters and Brother (in Texas) made his present a DVD and mailed it to him. They are too funny! They've made several before and they love doing the "face in hole" thing with music playing in the background. Anyhow, my Dad told me to keep an eye out for a package from Texas. His Sister told him to make sure we all watch it together. When we received it in the mail, I was expecting to see all these comedic pictures.....but I was in for a surprise.

We sat down and started up the DVD; At Last by Etta James was playing in the background and it said, "Dennis and Judy's Wedding 1971" and I thought it was going to be just pictures but IT was actual footage from their wedding! Something I had never seen in my entire life. I have a couple of photos from that day but I never imagined that there was a recording of the event out there, somewhere. The tears rolled down my face, as I saw the most amazing film I had ever seen. I'm still getting teary-eyed just writing about it.



After the short wedding, they showed everybody exciting the church, then cut to my Grandmother's house - the cars arriving from the church and everybody walking into the house. The reception was in my Grandparent's living room with several family members, piano playing, dancing, champagne cheers, my parents sharing a couple of kisses, and my Father feeding my Mother wedding cake =].

The film also included another day of family fun, possibly the next day? Also on the soundtrack was Sleepwalk and Angel Baby. My parents got married in El Paso, TX and I was also baptized at that same church. A few years ago, we went down there for a Family Reunion and I had my Dad give me the tour of his neighborhood and that church was one of the spots we visited.

No comments: